Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Okay, Maybe Limits Are a Good Thing

For me anyway.  I've noticed that sometimes a piece benefits from the need to make it fit an arbitrary external demand, like, for example, to make it exactly 100 words.  And make it a story.  Or maybe it is the other way around?  

Anyway, there's a very interesting site that makes this challenge and I thought it helped me do something fairly decent with a draft that, as Henry J. used to say, was "hanging fire."  See what you think and try their challenge.

What makes it tough is that it isn't "100 words or less"--it is exactly 100 words, no more and no less.  So you could even end up adding words back.  Instead of the usual one way out. 


I thought a plus was the design.  A really nice image that avoided being an illustration but added something interesting.  I have been paired with some fugly stuff.  Though, to be fair, the artists may have thought the same thing.  




No comments: