Saturday, June 1, 2013


On the Cloud Interview and Reading

Another reason to be careful while surfing the web....

https://soundcloud.com/crescenthillradio/ignite-the-ink-04-27-13-robert

https://soundcloud.com/crescenthillradio

Sonja DeVries was kind enough to interview me and have me read on her radio show --
"Ignite the Ink" on the Crescent Hill community station in Louisville.  That's the link up above.  I go on and on of course...being crazed with words...but it isn't too nauseating.

Naturally there is a tendency to babble if you hide away to scribble and dislike talking about work in progress like I do (being deeply superstitious about the dangers in doing that...seems to bring a canker or mildew to the draft and kill it dead).  So being interviewed might be the first time in 8 - 10 years to talk about the pieces and just like any castaway you are wild-eyed and need three or four mouths to be able to say everything that has to be said right now.

I read some new things, a few from the chapbook and one from Beautiful City.  She was a great listener and asked some hard/interesting questions about the fundamental things that were fun to try to answer though I doubt I came close.  Climbed on, got bucked off again immediately, ended up covered with dust but pleased to have been in the ring.

No comments: